Conveniently located on the San Francisco Bay Peninsula between San Francisco and San Jose, Mountain View offers some of the finest recreation destinations and dining establishments in the Bay Area.
Various kinds of cuisine from different countries all over the globe, like India, Mexico, Japan, Vietnam, Italy, France, Turkey, and so much more, can be found here. With so many choices, it’s the perfect place to have a gastronomic adventure.
We know how difficult it can be to decide where to eat, so we made a list of our top ten best restaurants in Mountain View. This list encompasses a wide range of culinary options to satisfy every palate.
Craving authentic Beijing cuisine? The dishes from Dong Lai Shun’s family-style menu, individual plates, small plates, and Chef’s tasting menu are sure to satisfy. Established over 100 years ago in Beijing, Dong Lai Shun is known to serve the best hot pot.
- Peking Duck – Perfect crispy skin and tender meat served with condiments of julienned cucumbers and scallions.
- Lamb Skewers – Skewered cubes seasoned with cumin and then grilled.
- Hot Pot – Served bubbling with tasty additions mixed in, such as deluxe marble beef, house-made shrimp meatballs, and very hearty additions of Asian spices.
“I recently had the pleasure of dining at Dong Lai Shun, and I must say it was an absolute delight! This restaurant is the epitome of traditional Chinese cuisine, and the Beijing copper hot pot is simply out of this world.
If you are a fan of lamb and beef, then you must pay a visit to Dong Lai Shun. The meat was incredibly tender and cooked to perfection in the hot pot, which is an experience in itself. But what really made this meal stand out were the traditional sauces that accompanied the hot pot, each one with its own unique flavor and spice level.
The service at Dong Lai Shun was also top-notch. The chef personally came out to our table and introduced us to the best ways to enjoy the hot pot dishes, which was a lovely touch. And with so many choices on the menu, including shrimp, mushroom, fish, and more, we were spoiled for choice.
For those looking to try something a little more special, I highly recommend reserving ahead of time for the Peking duck and Squirrels Fish. These dishes were simply incredible and a true highlight of the meal.
If you are in the mood for some truly authentic Chinese cuisine, then this is the place for you. From the classic hot pot to the exceptional service, everything about this restaurant was absolutely amazing. Five stars all around!”
– Ruofei Du
The premier sushi chefs at Mizu Sushi Bar & Grill have perfected the Art of Sushi. This restaurant serves a wide variety of sushi, from traditional Nigiri to Signature Rolls, made only with the finest sushi-grade seafood and ingredients.
- Almond Chicken – Seasoned chicken with green onions, chili powder, and almonds drizzled with teriyaki sauce.
- Cherry Blossom – Salmon and avocado wrapped with tuna topped with tobiko, daikon, and cherry.
- Unagi Lover – Eel, crab, cream cheese, and green onion wrapped in seaweed and deep-fried, then topped with unagi sauce, spicy aioli, and red tobiko.
“Y’all definitely gotta experience this sushi spot nestled in San Antonio center (next to Jared). Outstanding customer service! I’m really big on hospitality and receiving excellent customer service when I’m spending my coins. The waitstaff was kind, courteous, gracious, and informative. We all know sushi, but being able to receive appropriate answers when inquiring about the menu goes a long way!
-Appetizers delicious! I could have eaten 200 of those green muscles
-Hurricane Roll, OMG!!! So creative and tasty
-Butterfly Roll, yes yes and yes!!
-Sake was a decent quality as well
**CLEAN unisex restrooms!
-Chill atmosphere that can be family dinner, a bite after work, a drink at the bar and an appetizer, or date night.
Can’t wait for another opportunity to experience Mizu.”
– Lisa Hardwick
Simple food done well – this is the philosophy behind the American classics served at Scratch. The restaurant serves exceptional dishes that reflect today’s influences and bounty of ingredients.
Beyond a Mountain View seafood restaurant, Scratch’s extensive menu includes tender moist braised short rib, rotisserie chicken, and fresh seafood and oyster bar.
- Tropical Ceviche – Market fish, salmon, tomato, cilantro, serrano, orange, cucumber, pineapple, avocado, smoked chipotle aioli, and taro chips.
- Lobster Roll – Lobster tail and claw, lemon aioli, celery, Old Bay seasoning, grilled house New England bun, and Kennebec fries.
- Braised Beef Short Rib – Silky potatoes, mushroom ragu, horseradish crème fraiche, and cabernet reduction.
“Delicious and juicy food. Celebrated a birthday and staff were very professional and friendly. The date appetizer was so good and worth getting! The rotisserie chicken was grilled very well and not dry at all. Dessert is always the best part and the sundae not only had macadamia nuts inside the brownie but also powdered macadamia nuts in the ice cream. This is a great place to go for a celebration dinner.
Features: Outdoor seating, employees with masks”
– Beeta Z
When exploring Mountain View restaurants, outdoor dining is one of the things some people look for, especially if they have pets that they want to bring with them. Good news – Steins Beer Garden has dog-friendly patio seating.
This modern American take on the classic German biergarten serves mouthwatering American gourmet comfort food by Executive Chef Eduardo Andrade, craft cocktails, and 31 taps of craft beer.
- Steins Sirloin – 7oz sirloin, red wine and veal stock reduction, seasoned heirloom vegetables, and garlic mashed potatoes.
- Crispy Baked Cauliflower Tacos – Spiced breaded cauliflower, soy sauce, peanut butter and maple marinade, cabbage, roasted tomato salsa, and vegan tortillas served with frisée salad.
- Short Rib With Basil Mash – Braised short ribs, creamy mushroom marsala, basil mashed potatoes, and roasted vegetables.
“Been coming here for years and the service and food are always solid. Their soft pretzel is delicious, the beers on draft are great and I love their Stein’s burger! Never had a complaint here and it’s a great place for pretty much any occasion.”
– Amita Sachdeva
One of the finest restaurants near Mountain View, CA, serving authentic Indian cuisine in a contemporary setting. Amber India prepares everything fresh, with only the best quality ingredients and the freshest vegetables.
- Palak Paneer – Spinach and cottage cheese.
- Crispy Sonoma Cabbage and Noodle Salad – California almond, grapes, sesame, and balsamic dressing.
- Lamb Varattu – Slow-cooked lamb, roasted coconut, house blend, and spice mix.
“We are regulars at Amber India and we are never disappointed. The mixed grill, butter chicken, spinach paneer, naans, … were absolutely delicious. Needless to say, I highly recommend Amber India for any occasion.”
– Jean-Yves Bouguet
This restaurant is known for serving flavorful Mediterranean food. Patrons come here for its creamy hummus made from fresh Israeli chickpeas, smoky baba ganoush, and labane, all best scooped up with warm pita.
- Beef Kebab – All-natural ground beef and lamb with blended herbs and garlic, drizzled with tahini.
- Pita Chicken Schnitzel – Breaded and fried chicken breast, hummus, tomato, cucumber, and pickles.
- Hummus Sabich – Hummus with fried eggplant, hard-boiled egg, potato, cucumber, tomato, chopped pickles, Amba sauce, and fresh herbs.
“The food was great! It was my first time there. The waiter told us that the meal she recommended was big enough to share…it was not. It was still really good, but we had to order another order. The prices were a little steep for hummus and chicken. We didn’t order anything extravagant. There is a cost of living charge as well which is new to me.
Kid-friendliness: They were very accommodating to my child!”
– Victoria Partida
The ultimate fusion of the savory flavors of Spain with the exotic culture of Latin America. From lamb cutlets and mussels to flans and cheesecakes to sangrias and chardonnay – one visit is never enough, and you’ll find yourself coming back for more!
- Cuban Roast Pork – Mojo marinated pork, black beans, rice, and sweet potato fries.
- Asado – Argentinian asado of marinated and grilled flat iron steak, pork tenderloin brochette, lamb chops, patatas bravas, chimichurri sauce, and grilled Shishito peppers.
- Pescado Marbella – Fresh roasted white fish, capers, preserved lemon, saffron, white wine butter sauce, fresh herbs, and tuna aioli.
“Delicious sangria. The food was very good. We ordered the paella, I thought the rice was a bit overcooked though. But the rest of the food was wonderful. The tuna tartare was fresh and light, and the shrimps were delicious, cauliflower was very flavorful. The outdoor at Casual is always very pleasant. I don’t think one can get really dissatisfied with this restaurant. Service was also well performed.”
– Catherine Cosse
Located in the heart of downtown Mountain View, Casa Lupe Restaurant has been serving traditional Mexican comfort food since 1997. Come here to satisfy your cravings for Mexican classic eats and tequila-spiked drinks served in a colorful, casual ambiance.
- Burrito De Camaron (Shrimp Burrito) – Shrimp sautéed with vegetables, refried beans, rice, and cheese drenched with tomato sauce.
- Carne Asada – Grilled steak, bell peppers, onions, cheese guacamole, flour, and corn tortillas.
- Guacamole Tostada – Choose one from chicken, ground beef, and vegetables. Crispy flat corn tortilla, refried beans, lettuce cheese, tomato sauce, sour cream, smothered with guacamole.
“This is a bold Mexican-American restaurant that’s situated in an excellent spot. They’re known for offering complimentary tortilla chips and salsa, which is a lovely touch. The drinks here, particularly the margaritas, are potent and delicious. They have an outdoor seating area that’s charming and comfortable – a nice place to relax.
When it comes to food, I often opt for the carne asada burrito. This dish is pretty big, with generous amounts of beef, rice, and beans packed inside. The accompanying sauce is spicy and might surprise you with its heat, but it’s really flavorful and adds a great taste to the burrito.
This restaurant stands out as one of the better sit-down Mexican eateries in Northern California. However, if you’re hoping to find traditional, homestyle Mexican cuisine here, you might feel let down. The food here is more Mexican-style with a distinct American twist. It seems designed to suit American taste preferences and it does a good job in that regard.
It’s important to approach this place with the right expectations. Don’t come searching for the authentic rustic flavors of Mexican food because that’s not their specialty. What they do best is serve up Mexican dishes that Americans enjoy. So, if you’re in the mood for some good Mexican-American food and strong margaritas, this is a great place to check out.”
– Daniel Flores
Blending traditional Japanese ingredients and techniques with the local cuisine scene, Chef Iwao Suzuki, the Executive Chef at Bushido Restaurant, prepares unique small plates and authentic offerings perfectly crafted to be savored solo or shared.
- Kaisen Okonomiyaki – Savory seafood pancake, yuzu mayo, and demi-glaze sauce.
- Yakitori Gyutan – Prime beef tongue and shishito pepper.
- Sashimi Moriwase – 14 pieces of seasonal fish tasting.
“Had the signature ramen before and was okay. But the dishes were nice! The pancake is rare to find and it was super good. You can even choose sauces half and half, though both were tasty! The seafood veg soup is really comfortable to have and the yuzu sauce is something you don’t want to miss. The red dragon maki was good as well with crispy prawn and kinky sauces.
Will definitely go back!”
– Zijing Wu
Doppio Zero is a southern Italian restaurant, pizzeria, and bar known for its Neapolitan pizzas, homemade pastas, and traditional Italian dishes. With its warm and vibrant family atmosphere, this is the perfect place to have an authentic Italian dining experience.
- Filet Mignon – Filet Mignon with a beef demi glaze and a side of green beans.
- Porcini Pizza – Creme of porcini mushroom paste, sausage, mozzarella, and light parmesan cheese sauce.
- Cannolo Siciliano – Classic Sicilian cannolo filled with sweet ricotta cheese, lemon zest, and vanilla, topped with chocolate sauce and crumbled pistachio.
“Everything tasted fresh and flavorful. The service was great and gave good recommendation. There wasn’t wait on the weekend and they offer indoor and outdoor seating. I would recommend this place for anyone who wants to experience what a real pizza is like.”
– Jason Y
There you have it, our top recommendations for the best restaurants in Mountain View. Which ones would you like to head to first?
If you’d like to explore the city further and check out the beautiful homes in the area, please don’t hesitate to contact our team today at 209-650-0525 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d be more than happy to show you your best options in today’s market.
Frequently Asked Questions
Generally speaking, restaurants are not busy between 2 and 4 in the afternoon, but it is best to contact the restaurant you’d like to dine in so you get more accurate information. The website of each restaurant is linked above for your convenience.
Most of them are! Specifically, you may want to take your family Dong Lai Shun, Mizu Sushi Bar & Grill, or Doppio Zero.
Yes, Cascal and Steins Beer Garden have outdoor seating.
Most of the restaurants in our list offer vegetarian/vegan food, including Steins Beer Garden, Amber India, Oren’s Hummus Shop, Bushido Izakaya, and Doppio Zero.
Some of these restaurants take reservations, namely: Scratch, Steins Beer Garden, Amber India, Cascal, Bushido Izakaya, and Doppio Zero.